Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

  • I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.
  • I want to still be me when I wake up one fine morning and have breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural.
  • Everybody has to feel superior to somebody. But it's customary to present a little proof before you take the privilege.
  • Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.
  • You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.
  • It's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear.
  • I haven't anything against whores. Except this: some of them may have an honest tongue but they all have dishonest hearts.
  • A person ought to be able to marry men or women or--listen, if you came to me and said you wanted to hitch up with Man o' War, I'd respect your feeling. No, I'm serious. Love should be allowed.
  • Good things only happen to you if you're good. Good? Honest is more what I mean.
  • Home is where you feel at home. I'm still looking.
3/27/2011

No comments: