Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

  • Long as I can spell G-o-d I got somebody along.
  • It not nice to speak ill of the dead, one say, but the truth never can be ill.
  • The Lord don't like ugly. And he ain't stuck on pretty.
  • Life don't stop just cause you leave home.
  • Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.
  • All my life I never care what people thought bout nothing I did, I say. But deep in my heart I care about God. What he going to think.
  • There's a lot of other things I can do that I speck God likes. I can lay back and just admire stuff. Be happy. Have a good time.
  • Any God I ever felt in church I brought in with me. And I think all the other folks did too. They come to church to share God, not find God.
  • God is inside you and inside everybody else. You come into the world with God. But only them that search for it inside find it. And sometimes it just manifest itself even if you not looking, or don't know what you looking for.
  • I believe God is everything. Everything that is or ever was or ever will be. And when you can feel that, and be happy to feel that, you've found It.
  • I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.
  • Why any woman give a shit what people think is a mystery to me.
  • Wherever there's a man, there's trouble.
  • There's something in all of us that wants a medal for what we have done. That wants to be appreciated.
  • All things look brighter because I have a loving soul to share them with.
  • A burnt finger remember the fire.
  • I try to teach my heart not to want nothing it can't have.
  • If a mule could tell folks how it's treated, it would.
  • The only way to stop making somebody the serpent is for everybody to accept everybody else as a child of God, or one mother's children, no matter what they look like or how they act.
  • Everybody learn something in life.
  • I couldn't understand why us have life at all if all it can do most times is make us feel bad.
  • I think us here to wonder, myself. To wonder. To ast. And that in wondering bout the big things and asting bout the big things, you learn about the little ones, almost by accident. But you never know nothing more about the big things than you start out with. The more I wonder, he say, the more I love. And people start to love you back, I bet, I say.

12/20/2006

No comments: